These wood working plans include:
The following drawings:
- Foundation Plan including sections of the pressure treated wood, concrete slab and concrete block.
- Section of the front showing framing of the trusses and the walls.
- Side Elevation showing the truss layout on the walls.
The plans have a List of Materials, including size and number of the door trim and corner boards, studs, plates, trusses, joists, sub-floor, wood foundation, gussets for the trusses, OSB for the walls and roof; recommended adhesives for the sub-floor, fastenings for the hinges, etc., the framing, sheathing and roofing.
The Instructions include the following topics:
- The Foundation
- Concrete Slab: Discussing the placement of anchor bolts; the thickness of the concrete slab and perimeter as well as the material under the slab.
- Concrete Block: The size of footings required; design of the forms; how to install anchor bolts and the sill plate.
- Wooden Floor: The wood foundation; the layout of the floor, size of joists, their centers, squaring the floor, how to install tongue and groove (T&G) plywood - staggering and nailing the sheets.
- The Walls: Installing the bottom plate; layout of the studs, door and windows; headers; constructing the walls, fastening them to each other; bracing the walls.
- The Attic Floor: length and layout of the floor joists; installing the T&G plywood; the overhang.
- The Trusses: laying out the trusses full size from the drawings; framing the gable ends and door.
- Putting it Together: Bracing the walls; laying out the trusses on the walls; erecting the trusses.
- Sheathing the Walls: framing and sheathing the gable ends; installing sheathing on the walls.
- Making the Roof: sheathing the roof; installing the overhang.
- The Trim and Door: trimming the roof, door; constructing and hanging the door.