If you need to use this staircase calculator at your work and you don't have Internet access in the field, then you can download the calculator and take it with you.
Please NOTE: The calculator will work fully on your computer but it will not generate the diagrams. The diagrams can only be generated over the Internet.
This is how it's done:
- Make sure you are logged in as a member, otherwise the calculator will not work. You can verify that you are logged in by entering data into the calculator and pressing the Calculate button. If you get the results, you are logged in.
- Move your cursor up to the File menu of your browser and click on it.
- Select Save As or Save Page As.
- Decide what folder you want to save the calculator in and remember it.
- Click on the Save button.
- The calculator is now on your own computer and can be used even when you are not connected to the Internet.
To use the calculator that is now on your computer follow these steps:
- Open My Computer on your desktop.
- Go to the folder that you saved the calculator into.
- Find the file named Staircase Calculator and double-click on it.
- Your browser should start and it should be displaying the Staircase Calculator. (If it does not, then notify whoever fixes your computer for you.)
- To make a desktop icon: move the cursor to the Address (URL) area of your browser, click on the little icon at the beginning of the file name and holding down the left-hand button of your mouse, drag the cursor over to an area of your desktop, then release the mouse button.
-- back --